- Mr. Meinrad Konigsmorder: The ringmaster of the Dancing Bear company. A huge man from Germany who immigrated over a decade ago. He still has a very noticeable German accent, and is occasionally confused about his new country. He is very protective of his people.
- Baby: Mr. Konigsmorder’s bear, and the namesake for the circus. A full grown grizzly, baby is over 9 feet tall and over 600 pounds. Meinrad and Baby are inseparable, and are protective of each other.
- Martin Emmerling: The Human Owl. Can turn his head 180 degrees.
- Frank Collins: Freddie, the Armless Wonder. Born without arms, he is astoundingly dexterous with his feet.
- Maria Verdadero: One of the biggest draws of the circus, Maria is a refined lady who was born in southern Mexico and who has “werewolf syndrome.” She is an accomplished dancer, speaks six languages, plays several instruments, and sings beautifully.
- Betty Drakeson: A lovely young African-American woman, Betty’s acrobatics are second to none. She is billed as the “Angel whose feet never touch the Earth.” She is also an accomplished horse rider, and when she isn’t in the air, she is on one of her horses.
- Lucia Aayari: Billed as the “Living Doll from Tunisia,” Lucia is often with Maria, performing on her own custom tiny piano. She loves meeting new people and talking with the people who pass through.
- Andre and Julien Bacchus: Conjoined twins, the two Creole boys are gregarious and love company. They juggle and do sleight of hand with visitors, all while flirting shamelessly with any pretty face that comes by, regardless of gender.
- Adriel Quinn: young man from somewhere in Appalachia, Adriel is an unlikely fortune-teller. His messy straw blonde hair and perpetually wide blue eyes certainly don’t fit most people’s mental image of a mysterious prophet, but his fortunes are accurate enough, usually telling people what they want to hear without going overboard.
- Tobias Jones: Meinrad’s right hand man, as much as he has one. Meinrad likes to stick behind the scenes, as his appearance tends to unsettle people. With a slight hunch in his back, deformed facial features, and a club foot, those who see him often think he is a part of the freak show. He is not, however. He is a quiet man who prefers to help where he can.