Socialite seeking legitimacy
- Make acquaintances with local socialites
Mental: Intelligence 2, Wits 3, Resolve 2
Physical: Strength 2, Dexterity 2, Stamina 2
Social: Presence 2, Manipulation 3, Composure 3
Mental: Academics 1, Investigation 1, Occult 1, Politics 1
Physical: Athletics 1, Brawl 2, Larceny 3, Stealth 1
Social: Empathy 2, Persuasion 2, Socialize 2, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 3
Specialties: Persuasion (Sweet-Talking), Socialize (Surprisingly Cultured), Brawl (Specified Targets)
Merits: Striking Looks (1), Multilingual (2, English, Spanish, French, and Creole), Contacts (5, high society, smugglers, swampfolk, shopkeepers, suitors), Resources 2, Barfly (2)
• Reverse Con (Subterfuge) (Story Advancement): Marysol is smoother than butter when she wants to, and she has learned from others’ mistakes. If Marysol is the target of a con job or a Fast-Talk attempt, she automatically wins the contest and the con artist must do her a favor that can’t take more than a scene to resolve.
• Hidden Stash (Larceny) (Story Advancement): Marysol can find hidden hoards anywhere. Part of this trick is Marysol’s honed instincts by her father, as well as some good guesswork. Given about 10 minutes of searching, Marysol can find hidden doors, secret compartments, and any hidden goods.
• Connoisseur (Socialize) (Story Advancement): Marysol has an almost extraordinary head for quirks and traits linked to status and culture, enough that given things like a target’s choice of dress, words, and food, she immediately knows a target’s socioeconomic status (both now and when growing up), country, region of origin, and education level. But more importantly, she knows when someone is trying to actively hide those things. After all, it takes one to know one.
Virtue: Protective – Marysol could be called greedy, but she is better described as a generous woman who is protective of what she considers hers. When she is able to assert and defend something she considers her own against a real and noteworthy threat, she gains a Willpower.
Vice: Vindictive – For all of her complexities, Marysol occasionally has simple tastes in the form of a petty streak. She gets a willpower back anytime she deliberately inconvenience herself or an ally for the sake of avenging a previous slight.
- Doing something over the top to commit murder
- Betrayal of family
- Injury to family
- Desecration of anything holy, even if it is not holy to her
- Disease and helplessness
- Merits (5)
Born 1848, November 2nd